August 21, 2011

Behind the Scooter

11 Responses to “Behind the Scooter”

• Posted by simon jagassar | August 22, 2011 at 5:55 pm

Great vid. Thanks for sharing. Man are you ever “hammering” in some parts. Good for new cyclists to show the importance of motor pacing and how not only how difficult its for both you the rider and the “motor pacer.”

• Posted by Tom Nesbitt | August 24, 2011 at 12:50 pm

What fun!
    I used that My Morning Jacket album the last couple of years while riding rollers in the winter.
    Thanks

• Posted by Rob | August 25, 2011 at 12:27 am

great vid, great song…….name? artist?

• Posted by Michael Barry | August 25, 2011 at 6:31 am

Glad you enjoyed it. The artist is My Morning Jacket. The song: Wordless Chorus. Cheers, Michael

• Posted by alex | August 25, 2011 at 10:50 am

Summer in Spain….., brings back good memories.
    Welcome back, good to see you on the saddle again.

• Posted by david andersen | August 30, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Very cool! I just spent 10 days riding around the Pyrenees and boy was it hot.

• Posted by Alex | September 1, 2011 at 12:40 am

Thanks Michael,
    Great video.
    Hope to see you in Montreal racing this year.
    Would like to have you autograph your book.
    Keep the rubber side down & Ride hard or go home.

• Posted by Carles | September 5, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Great Video! I’m algo a hobby biker in the weekends.

ride mostly around santa coloma de farners, amer, sant hilari.

guess you already know those mountains, if not, check the route which goes from Anglés, Osor, Sant Hilari Sacalm, Santa Coloma de Farners anb back to Anglés o Girona.

you’ll love it! a nice climb with some times 0 cars!

woud be cool to meet you guys on the road! :-)

• Posted by Andrew | September 13, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Thanks, Michael, for the great video of hard motor pacing. For me, a pure amateur and 50 year old Masters rider, it is hard to get that kind of intensive training by myself. Keep up the interesting writing and great riding! Andrew

• Posted by Alan | November 16, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Ah yes, Sant Hilari, a beautiful 24k climb out of Angles, and then at least 4 superb pastry shops in town when you hit the top. My group had a villa between Girona and Angles Last July – that was by far the favourite loop. Also Olot.

• Posted by Girona | 9W Magazine | August 12, 2013 at 2:10 am

[...] was leaving the next day. Michael, between two stage races, skipped the climb, thinking he might go motorpacing that afternoon. Just as well. I was in no shape to chase anyone up that mountain, say nothing of a [...]